« 2014 Classic Outback Trial.2012 Akademos Rally - Exedy Vic Rally Ch'ship »

A very quick guide to getting your first Competition licence.

19/11/12 | by admin [mail] | Categories: Membership renewals

So, you want to join a car club and start competing in motorsport.  Here's how you do it...

  • You will need to be a member of a car club first. 
  • Download the MUCC membership application form here: Membership Application Form 
  • Send in a cheque, or pay your membership fee by internet banking to the MUCC bank account (bank account details are on the form). 
  • Scan and email your form (both sides!) or post (Postal address is on the form) to our Membership Secretary, Graham Pate (email graham @ maxar.com.au).
  • To compete, you will need some sort of competition licence. Most newbies just need a Level 2S Licence to compete in Sprints, Motorkhanas, Autocross, FSAE etc.
  • Download the appropriate CAMS licence application form here: http://www.cams.com.au/Forms/Competition_Licence_Forms.aspx 
  • Or here is the DIRECT LINK TO THE LEVEL 2S FORM: http://www.cams.com.au/Forms/~/media/Files/Forms/Competitor%20Forms/Lv%202%20License%20application%20renewal.ashx
  • Send this form to CAMS in East Malvern (or you can drop them off at the counter). 
  • CAMS will then post out the licence, usually within 1 week. 
  • *** NOTE that you will need your MUCC membership number when you fill out the CAMS licence application form, so get your MUCC club membership first.***

I hope that helps.

Matt Swan

MUCC Web Admin.


No feedback yet

Welcome to MUCC. We operate in the state of Victoria, Australia. Our members compete and volunteer in all forms of motorsport. New members welcome.
The requested Blog doesn't exist any more!

The MUCC File Archive


Contact us:

Questions? Need help?
Call Peter Otzen on (03) 9682 0657 (ah).

Snail mail:

Melbourne University Car Club Inc.
P.O. Box 37, Parkville, Victoria, 3052

powered by b2evolution free blog software